Week 8 - 10 Keto Macro Expectations

One of the biggest contributors to me losing weight was logging my food.

Without finding out out where I was, there was little chance I could improve on where I was.

After a while, I realized I had enough information to log my food in advance.

I could forecast my meals!

Sure, it wasn't perfect but they kept me close to target so much better than I could of without it.

I had my own play book of recipes which I knew worked for me... Because they worked for me!

Since Keto, I had to create a new play book of recipes. Most my old ones were carbohydrate dependent.

Great news is I'm at a point where I can begin to once again forecast my food. This is where I shined last year losing weight!

I'm excited to see how it works this year. 

This is what I’m shooting for:

  • 20 - 40 g total carbs a day, half being fiber
  • 80 – 100 g total protein
  • 100 – 200 g fat

My plan allows my body to use existing fat stores to supplement my nutritional fat deficit.

This is what MyFitnessPal recommends:

  • 38 g total carbs a day
  • 94 g protein, adjusted from 163 g protein
  • 222 g fat

Under optimal circumstances, I’ll be at a fat deficit of 100 g a day.  That’s 900 calories.

Per the CICO method, I should lose about 2 lbs a week.

Of course, I haven’t adjusted for what life throws at me.


We’ll see.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff