Train for the less Ideal

I am sitting, day 3, in an intensive training course.
32 hours in 4.5 days of automation engineering.
So intensive, we don't leave for lunch. They cater it.
Yesterday's lunch was pasta.
It was a less than ideal situation.
You'll come across a less than ideal situation.


Train for the less ideal

If you are dependant on the enviroment, you depend on the enviroment.
There are times you can define your environment.
You can manipulate the variables in the definition.
You can simulate a lack when there isn't one.
You can learn to compensate for that lack.


In this case, you can learn how to skip a lunch, with a lunch at the ready. Because sometimes, you aren't ready to skip the lunch.
Sometimes you need that lunch.
But that's not always the case.
But if you try skipping a lunch, you are more likely to skip than if you don't try.


With practice, you might find, you don't even need lunch. Not the food.
With practice, you can go to the mexican food restaurnt with chips on the table and have no temptation.
Trained dogs can do that, why can't trained you?
It's hard. It's hard for me. But it's possible.


Anyway, yesterday they served pasta. They also had a salad full of carby croutons I didn't want to pick through.
I could of, if I needed. It's a great back up plan. But I went with my training. My practice of skipping lunch.
It worked.


Interesting part, I also skipped morning breakfast.
In fact, my breaking of fast was after 7pm that day. An hour after coaching teeball. In the heat. I felt great.
Could I of done that without training?
I doubt it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff