Skip to main content

Week 8 - 10 Keto Macro Expectations

One of the biggest contributors to me losing weight was logging my food.

Without finding out out where I was, there was little chance I could improve on where I was.

After a while, I realized I had enough information to log my food in advance.

I could forecast my meals!

Sure, it wasn't perfect but they kept me close to target so much better than I could of without it.

I had my own play book of recipes which I knew worked for me... Because they worked for me!

Since Keto, I had to create a new play book of recipes. Most my old ones were carbohydrate dependent.

Great news is I'm at a point where I can begin to once again forecast my food. This is where I shined last year losing weight!

I'm excited to see how it works this year. 

This is what I’m shooting for:

  • 20 - 40 g total carbs a day, half being fiber
  • 80 – 100 g total protein
  • 100 – 200 g fat

My plan allows my body to use existing fat stores to supplement my nutritional fat deficit.

This is what MyFitnessPal recommends:

  • 38 g total carbs a day
  • 94 g protein, adjusted from 163 g protein
  • 222 g fat

Under optimal circumstances, I’ll be at a fat deficit of 100 g a day.  That’s 900 calories.

Per the CICO method, I should lose about 2 lbs a week.

Of course, I haven’t adjusted for what life throws at me.


We’ll see.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True8 March

Recently I had the honor of joining Josiah Novak's True8 March. I want to share my experiences. But first, Let's back up. There's a super hero origin story in the works which puts the rest into perspective.
100 pounds ago (heavier), I was looking for ways to get my health under control. By chance, I'm came across The Model Health Show by Shawn Stevenson. It changed my life in many ways. Along the journey I was introduced to Larry Hagner. He runs the The Good Dad Project podcast. Another aspect in my life which needed work was my parenting skills. I started following Larry and joined his Dad's Edge group.
It was in that group I discovered Josiah Novak. 
Josiah Now Josiah's words resonated with me. Over the past year, I developed a relationship with health. I could tell he shared many of the same values I discovered. It was inspiring, because I could see myself in him in about a year. Father, friend of the community, passionate about health, fitness, life. We sy…

Stairs 2017

In the beginning of 2016, I had the crazy idea to get into shape.  So, since I didn't have any free time nor a place to spend the nonexistent time... I decided walking the stairs was a great idea. Coworkers were doing it, it'll be fun. We'll get to walk and talk, and bond. Maybe I could even make a friend or two! Until I realized I could climb 3 floors without wanting to fall over and pant for air. I was that out of shape.  I was so embarrassed. An Army Veteran, couldn't even scale 3 floors without needing a rest. 
In this post last year I get more into detail about the experience and how I overcame it. I want to say it was quick and easy but it took a lot of work.  But... the work was worth it because now I can do crazy cool things in the same stair well. 
I want to share one with you. 





Dogmatic Diets

Try not to get too dogmatic with your diet. Like snowflakes, we are all similar but unique. Your best bet is to journal your way and listen to what your body tells you.
20 grams of carbs is just a starting point. Protein in grams to lean mass weight is just a starting weight.
Start there, then experiment. Get interested. Be a case study of 1. Learn to ask a lot of questions. Take all the answers with a grain of salt. Pink Himalayan Salt. Take everything with salt. You need the electrolytes.

And... of course, above all else, don’t forget to… 
Keep Calm and Keto On.