Skip to main content

First 2 Months

Keto is more about hormonal regulation than caloric restriction.

Calories In Calories Out is great but it's elementary way of explaining it.

There's a lot more going on in your body. Ignoring all the other factors could be detrimental.

Optimally on paper, you should be working toward 20g carbs total, 90g protein total, and fat to satiety.

Will that work for you? Only you can decide. For the first month, I couldn't do under 50g total carbs for an extended time. I also tried to caloric restrict. I was hungry. I had cravings because I wasn't satiated. I ate carbs for quick energy.

It happens. No shame, just learn from it and try again.

Month 2 I started trusting the science. It was sound science, but I had a ton of dogmatic believes I also thought true. It took me a month to start breaking through them.

Needing carbs, calorie restricting, not eating at certain times. These and more were hard grained in me. They weren't easy to disrupt but eventually I got there.

Now month 3, there are days I water/electrolyte fast the entire day for no other reason than because I can discern what my body needs. My body learned to use my fat as fuel. I'm not hungry. I don't eat. I tease some of my carb fueled friends about it.

It basically comes down to this.

When your body becomes good at burning fat for energy, you start burning fat for energy all the time.

Then, you stop getting hungry and eating become optional. Your body burns instead the internal fat stores for energy.


You eat less because you aren’t hungry and you lose weight.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True8 March

Recently I had the honor of joining Josiah Novak's True8 March. I want to share my experiences. But first, Let's back up. There's a super hero origin story in the works which puts the rest into perspective.
100 pounds ago (heavier), I was looking for ways to get my health under control. By chance, I'm came across The Model Health Show by Shawn Stevenson. It changed my life in many ways. Along the journey I was introduced to Larry Hagner. He runs the The Good Dad Project podcast. Another aspect in my life which needed work was my parenting skills. I started following Larry and joined his Dad's Edge group.
It was in that group I discovered Josiah Novak. 
Josiah Now Josiah's words resonated with me. Over the past year, I developed a relationship with health. I could tell he shared many of the same values I discovered. It was inspiring, because I could see myself in him in about a year. Father, friend of the community, passionate about health, fitness, life. We sy…

Stairs 2017

In the beginning of 2016, I had the crazy idea to get into shape.  So, since I didn't have any free time nor a place to spend the nonexistent time... I decided walking the stairs was a great idea. Coworkers were doing it, it'll be fun. We'll get to walk and talk, and bond. Maybe I could even make a friend or two! Until I realized I could climb 3 floors without wanting to fall over and pant for air. I was that out of shape.  I was so embarrassed. An Army Veteran, couldn't even scale 3 floors without needing a rest. 
In this post last year I get more into detail about the experience and how I overcame it. I want to say it was quick and easy but it took a lot of work.  But... the work was worth it because now I can do crazy cool things in the same stair well. 
I want to share one with you. 





Nirvana Fallacy

One issue I see with people wanting to lose weight is their unrealistic expectations. Come on people!
This is not the fantasy land of TV where you lose 100 lbs in 5 weeks!
Come on, they live in a gym, 6 hours a day and have chefs prepare their 100 calorie a day meals. The even have their own personal trainers who torture them daily!
Reality TV is not the same as reality. Biggest Loser is not reality. It's TV!
Get it together guys!
What they are doing is an inhumane science experiment for ratings! I'm surprised no one has died!
And have you heard most of them are worse off now then when they started! They rebound so hard! Why? Because torturing people is horrible incentive to change habits!
Did you forget the TV exists to capture your attention? If it didn't, you'd be doing something else. On purpose they compress time to keep thing interesting.
It's not reality!
It's simple. If you want lasting results, you need to develop a healthy relationship with the food you eat.…