Skip to main content

Nirvana Fallacy

One issue I see with people wanting to lose weight is their unrealistic expectations. Come on people!

This is not the fantasy land of TV where you lose 100 lbs in 5 weeks!

Come on, they live in a gym, 6 hours a day and have chefs prepare their 100 calorie a day meals. The even have their own personal trainers who torture them daily!

Reality TV is not the same as reality. Biggest Loser is not reality. It's TV!

Get it together guys!

What they are doing is an inhumane science experiment for ratings! I'm surprised no one has died!

And have you heard most of them are worse off now then when they started! They rebound so hard! Why? Because torturing people is horrible incentive to change habits!

Did you forget the TV exists to capture your attention? If it didn't, you'd be doing something else. On purpose they compress time to keep thing interesting.

It's not reality!

It's simple. If you want lasting results, you need to develop a healthy relationship with the food you eat. Not have a professional cook borderline starve you for a couple months. You think those chefs go home with them? Ha!

If you want lasting results, you need to develop a healthy relationship with fitness. Not tortured for 6 hours a day and shamed every time you fail to lose 10 lbs in a week!

10 pounds a week. That's a 35 thousand caloric deficit a week! Are you kidding me?! How is that even legal? No wonder they need a full staff of medical personal!

You need to wake up and start paying attention because that food becomes a part of you. Those movements (or lack of) become a part of you.

Question. Would you pull up behind KFC to get your oil changed? Do you trust their food for your car? Do you think it'll actually run? Would it be efficient?

Would you buy a tire that doesn't like to rotate? Do you think you'll get good mileage? What do you think will happen the moment you need performance?


What are your thoughts? Let me know. 
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Comparison

Last month I was doing an amazing job on keto.
I lowered my weekly average of carbohydrates from the first month. I raised fat up to where my protein level was and eventually surpassed it
It was a great time and I could tell it was working for me.
Little did I know what was going to happen in month 3.
Month 3
For month 3, I decided to trust fat more.
I did that by keeping carbohydrates around 20.Limiting protein to around 70g.And relying on fat to get me through the rest.
I soon realized I was going to need to supplement fat so I decided to do this with Bullet Proofing Coffee and Tea
In the beginning, it was a rocky start. I wasn't so sure I could pull this off. My first Bullet Proofing ended up a failure. I wrote about it here.
But I didn't give up
As a result, I now have two recipes Morning Proof CoffeeOffice Proof Coffee
I also have some interesting pictures to share. 
Statistics
This is month 2

Notice the calorie restriction?
This is month 3

Note the uptick in calories? 
I'm consuming …

True8 March

Recently I had the honor of joining Josiah Novak's True8 March. I want to share my experiences. But first, Let's back up. There's a super hero origin story in the works which puts the rest into perspective.
100 pounds ago (heavier), I was looking for ways to get my health under control. By chance, I'm came across The Model Health Show by Shawn Stevenson. It changed my life in many ways. Along the journey I was introduced to Larry Hagner. He runs the The Good Dad Project podcast. Another aspect in my life which needed work was my parenting skills. I started following Larry and joined his Dad's Edge group.
It was in that group I discovered Josiah Novak. 
Josiah Now Josiah's words resonated with me. Over the past year, I developed a relationship with health. I could tell he shared many of the same values I discovered. It was inspiring, because I could see myself in him in about a year. Father, friend of the community, passionate about health, fitness, life. We sy…

Stairs 2017

In the beginning of 2016, I had the crazy idea to get into shape.  So, since I didn't have any free time nor a place to spend the nonexistent time... I decided walking the stairs was a great idea. Coworkers were doing it, it'll be fun. We'll get to walk and talk, and bond. Maybe I could even make a friend or two! Until I realized I could climb 3 floors without wanting to fall over and pant for air. I was that out of shape.  I was so embarrassed. An Army Veteran, couldn't even scale 3 floors without needing a rest. 
In this post last year I get more into detail about the experience and how I overcame it. I want to say it was quick and easy but it took a lot of work.  But... the work was worth it because now I can do crazy cool things in the same stair well. 
I want to share one with you.