What We Repeatedly Do

"We are what we repeatedly do" - Aristotle

But what do you repeatedly do? What are your habits?

And... How are those habits working out for you?

Do you have a habit of eating junk food? I did! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were my willpower's cryptonite.

I would see them lying about my mother in law's house and I could tell myself no... But with each hour there... My head would keep turning toward them.

And she wonders why I never want to bring the kids over. Woman has chocolate everywhere!

Out Of Gas!

Well, Eventually the fuel that powered my willpower would run out and the gravity of my addictions would draw me closer and closer.

I'd feel the urges. Taste it on my tongue from across the room. Feel my skin warm in anticipation of the sugar rush. Can anyone testify on this with me?

It's painful repeatedly resisting the temptations of treats! Of course, it doesn't help having your kid plop down next to you with a handful of Andes mints.

But each week, I grew stronger. You'll grow stronger too. And the weeks you think you fail, you're still progressing.

Remember, change is immediate but the results are not. Instead, results are inevitable if you persist through the change.

Don't allow a bad day destroy your week. Don't let a bad week destroy your month. It breaks my heart how many people just give up after they stumble and fall.

That was me for 10 years. It doesn't have to be that way.

There's a better way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff

Armadillo Eggs from Stone Cold Meats in League City, TX