It was taco Tuesday and I was on a meat fast. What do I do?
What's more, I have ground round in the pan frying up for the kids. They weren't interested in meat fasting. What do I do?!
I peeked inside the refrigerator and look around for some healthy options. That's when I found it.
An amazing head of white cauliflower.
Now I remember seeing something online about buffalo style cauliflower bites and wondered, would it work for tact Tuesday? Could I make cauliflower tacos? Is that even legal on taco Tuesday? What do I do?!!!
I went for it!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- Pink Rock Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Taco Sauce or Hot Sauce (I like Valentina Salsa Picante)
- Cut cauliflower florets from the central stem and then chop into small, bite sized pieces into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in olive oil, salt, pepper, and sauce.
- Line evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, tossing occasionally for 30 minutes.
It was fabulous! But as I devoured my first baked cauliflower picante wrap. I knew what I had to do.
My next post I'll share my guacamole recipe that made this taco the best I ever had.