Week 4: Keep it in Ketosis

Well I’m a convert. Something about this counter intuitive lifestyle just… works. I don’t get it, but I’m starting to. It’s a process and it is intriguing.

I’m no longer jittery and I’m not drinking coffee after lunch anymore.

Those two things may be related now that I think about it.

I also have more energy during my workouts. I mean, I did de-load (lower the weight) a little bit but now I can observe my form much better.

I can feel each muscle work.

Is that keto?

I don’t know yet but it’s compelling. The correlation exists. It’s too soon to determine causation.


Hunger


My hunger levels are low too. No craving. I’m now eating lunch at 2:30. I might get in trouble with work for that. But to be honest, I’m not hungry. I could go a few more hours .

The only reason I’m eating lunch right now is for my protein goals. 150g is hard for me to do. I’m just too satiated.

I also have more energy at night. It's not the jittery kind (maybe that’s less coffee again). I also find it a lot easier for me to say no to the late-night junk food I had so many issues with before.

I’ll attribute that to keto. Thanks!

Before, do not catch me in that kitchen after 9 or 10.

So many mornings I woke up pissed about the damage I did the night before and the scale reminded me all about it.

Ha! But also... Ugggh!


Game of Adequate Sleep


I’m still struggling with waking up early in the morning. I’m about 50% there but I think that’s more me being comfortable downstairs after 9.

Before I‘d go to bed at 9pm to avoid the late-night temptations. BTW, that’s a great tip if you are tempted by late night snacks. Just go to bed early.

Sleep is SOOOO important to your health. Stop squandering it for mini hits of televised dopamine drip.

Come on, right?

Now, I’m more comfortable staying down there. There’s a few times we accidentally stay down till midnight. Whoops. Again. Sleep is important. Silicon Valley and VEEP can wait!

Remind me when Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are back on I said these shows can wait. That’ll be a true test of willpower.


Diagnosis


Anyway, I’m sold. I need to reel back in my focus with all this energy. My laser beam mind,  scattered like mad! I’m noticing I need to lasso it up. Kind of like in the blog posts. And stop getting distracted on Facebook.

Maybe I should Keep it in Ketosis.

That’s a cool title.

I think I’ll use it.

Good talk.


By the Way!


I have a new Facebook Group! It’s all about Game of Throne and Ketosis because I love both and why not? I called it Game of keTones.


It’s a place where we share recipes. Our meals. Keto advice.  Revealing gif of Daenerys Targaryen eating hearts. Ramses Bolton eating sausage. All types of questionable hi-jinks while remaining ‘Safe For Work’. Come be a part of the party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff