Skip to main content

Week 4: Keep it in Ketosis

Well I’m a convert. Something about this counter intuitive lifestyle just… works. I don’t get it, but I’m starting to. It’s a process and it is intriguing.

I’m no longer jittery and I’m not drinking coffee after lunch anymore.

Those two things may be related now that I think about it.

I also have more energy during my workouts. I mean, I did de-load (lower the weight) a little bit but now I can observe my form much better.

I can feel each muscle work.

Is that keto?

I don’t know yet but it’s compelling. The correlation exists. It’s too soon to determine causation.


Hunger


My hunger levels are low too. No craving. I’m now eating lunch at 2:30. I might get in trouble with work for that. But to be honest, I’m not hungry. I could go a few more hours .

The only reason I’m eating lunch right now is for my protein goals. 150g is hard for me to do. I’m just too satiated.

I also have more energy at night. It's not the jittery kind (maybe that’s less coffee again). I also find it a lot easier for me to say no to the late-night junk food I had so many issues with before.

I’ll attribute that to keto. Thanks!

Before, do not catch me in that kitchen after 9 or 10.

So many mornings I woke up pissed about the damage I did the night before and the scale reminded me all about it.

Ha! But also... Ugggh!


Game of Adequate Sleep


I’m still struggling with waking up early in the morning. I’m about 50% there but I think that’s more me being comfortable downstairs after 9.

Before I‘d go to bed at 9pm to avoid the late-night temptations. BTW, that’s a great tip if you are tempted by late night snacks. Just go to bed early.

Sleep is SOOOO important to your health. Stop squandering it for mini hits of televised dopamine drip.

Come on, right?

Now, I’m more comfortable staying down there. There’s a few times we accidentally stay down till midnight. Whoops. Again. Sleep is important. Silicon Valley and VEEP can wait!

Remind me when Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are back on I said these shows can wait. That’ll be a true test of willpower.


Diagnosis


Anyway, I’m sold. I need to reel back in my focus with all this energy. My laser beam mind,  scattered like mad! I’m noticing I need to lasso it up. Kind of like in the blog posts. And stop getting distracted on Facebook.

Maybe I should Keep it in Ketosis.

That’s a cool title.

I think I’ll use it.

Good talk.


By the Way!


I have a new Facebook Group! It’s all about Game of Throne and Ketosis because I love both and why not? I called it Game of keTones.


It’s a place where we share recipes. Our meals. Keto advice.  Revealing gif of Daenerys Targaryen eating hearts. Ramses Bolton eating sausage. All types of questionable hi-jinks while remaining ‘Safe For Work’. Come be a part of the party!

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True8 March

Recently I had the honor of joining Josiah Novak's True8 March. I want to share my experiences. But first, Let's back up. There's a super hero origin story in the works which puts the rest into perspective.
100 pounds ago (heavier), I was looking for ways to get my health under control. By chance, I'm came across The Model Health Show by Shawn Stevenson. It changed my life in many ways. Along the journey I was introduced to Larry Hagner. He runs the The Good Dad Project podcast. Another aspect in my life which needed work was my parenting skills. I started following Larry and joined his Dad's Edge group.
It was in that group I discovered Josiah Novak. 
Josiah Now Josiah's words resonated with me. Over the past year, I developed a relationship with health. I could tell he shared many of the same values I discovered. It was inspiring, because I could see myself in him in about a year. Father, friend of the community, passionate about health, fitness, life. We sy…

Stairs 2017

In the beginning of 2016, I had the crazy idea to get into shape.  So, since I didn't have any free time nor a place to spend the nonexistent time... I decided walking the stairs was a great idea. Coworkers were doing it, it'll be fun. We'll get to walk and talk, and bond. Maybe I could even make a friend or two! Until I realized I could climb 3 floors without wanting to fall over and pant for air. I was that out of shape.  I was so embarrassed. An Army Veteran, couldn't even scale 3 floors without needing a rest. 
In this post last year I get more into detail about the experience and how I overcame it. I want to say it was quick and easy but it took a lot of work.  But... the work was worth it because now I can do crazy cool things in the same stair well. 
I want to share one with you. 





Dogmatic Diets

Try not to get too dogmatic with your diet. Like snowflakes, we are all similar but unique. Your best bet is to journal your way and listen to what your body tells you.
20 grams of carbs is just a starting point. Protein in grams to lean mass weight is just a starting weight.
Start there, then experiment. Get interested. Be a case study of 1. Learn to ask a lot of questions. Take all the answers with a grain of salt. Pink Himalayan Salt. Take everything with salt. You need the electrolytes.

And... of course, above all else, don’t forget to… 
Keep Calm and Keto On.