Fun Free Facebook Event Weekend

May 19th to 21st

This weekend was a Fun Free Facebook Event Weekend.

I want to share with you my weekend in hopes you may find some Fun Free Facebook Events. They help me and my family be more active. I recommend checking them out on weekends not already booked.

May 19th – Houston Dynamo vs Galveston Harricanes

We batted the idea of going to see Guardians of the Galaxy II for a while but ended up doing this instead. I’m glad. First off, it was free. Second, there was a playground nearby. Third, it was a cool evening and we won’t get many more until winter.


I enjoyed watching from the sideline. It was so cool watching John imitating the various players from the sideline too.

One of the most interesting things was John rather wanted to watch to game than play on the playground. Such a peculiar boy but I think it’s good.


After a bit, a little league baseball game started over the way. John asked to watch America’s pastime instead. We walked straight past the playground on the way to the diamond, he didn’t even glance to the structure.

May 20th – Home Town Heroes Celebration

We started the day at El Franco Lee Park to drop off Colin at his Dad’s then headed here. I wasn’t sure what to expect. We found League City Police Department K9 division doing a K9 demonstration. These dogs are so cool and highly trained. I would not want to be a bad guy around them!


Near the end of it, John told me he was ready for the Firefighter Games. I guess I spilled the beans on that one so this was cut a little short, and it turns out that was for the best.

May 20th – 3rd Annual Firefighter Games of 6th street

We got to this even midway through it and boy was it cool. They had all typed of firefighter competitions. My favorite was water ball. Two competing teams use the fire hoses to blast a suspended buoy to the opposing goal. So good!


After a few matches and demonstrations, it was getting hot and the kids where tiring fast. They both crashed hard on the way back to the house. Cheers for a peaceful ride home. More cheers John went straight back to nap when he got home.


May 20th – Game Night

After a store run, Anne Marie loves to be the hostess with the moistest, we started setting up for Game Night. I had the grill fired up and food cooking while she prepped the inside.


The company came over, we chat and ate for a bit, but then it was time for the main event. Game Time.


Brian brought a game called 5 Minute Dungeon, it’s a hack and slash card game which impressed us all. We enjoyed it a ton!


After that, we considered Bureaunauts, a game created from some local friends . The thing was, it was too many rules and too late at night. I didn't have it in me to brush and instruct everyone on the rules so we turned to another game.


Oregon Trail. It was a great idea! Two cooperative games on game night was perfect. Can't wait for next time. We are planing to try out Betrayal at House on the Hill.

If you have any suggestions for cool, fun games for game night. please let me know. We're always excited to try new ones. Just leave your recommendations in the comment section and I'll get right back to you.


Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff