Skip to main content

Surprise Rejections

Today I found one my family unfriended me on Facebook. I don't know why. I had a mix of emotion for a minute, wondering whatever I did could provoke such an action.

I guess it shows what you do isn't for everybody. Sometimes yet, it isn't for those you'd think would support you the most.

But it doesn't mean there's no value to what you do. It doesn't mean your art, whatever it may be has no value.

You have gifts to offer the world. Your need to share your art.

Don't allow surprise rejections to stop you. They just aren't a part your audience. Not yet.

Speaking of, if anything I've said has made an impression on you, let me know. Send me a message. I'd love to follow up with you and maybe even help you reach your next step.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Comparison

Last month I was doing an amazing job on keto.
I lowered my weekly average of carbohydrates from the first month. I raised fat up to where my protein level was and eventually surpassed it
It was a great time and I could tell it was working for me.
Little did I know what was going to happen in month 3.
Month 3
For month 3, I decided to trust fat more.
I did that by keeping carbohydrates around 20.Limiting protein to around 70g.And relying on fat to get me through the rest.
I soon realized I was going to need to supplement fat so I decided to do this with Bullet Proofing Coffee and Tea
In the beginning, it was a rocky start. I wasn't so sure I could pull this off. My first Bullet Proofing ended up a failure. I wrote about it here.
But I didn't give up
As a result, I now have two recipes Morning Proof CoffeeOffice Proof Coffee
I also have some interesting pictures to share. 
Statistics
This is month 2

Notice the calorie restriction?
This is month 3

Note the uptick in calories? 
I'm consuming …

Half Birthday

I love what I wrote today in my journal. I’m going to share it with you.
Do you journal? It’s awesome. Sure, it’s awkward in the beginning but it’s gold long term. You can find So much value writing your thoughts.
One awesome result is you can go back through your life and pick up gems you completely forgot about.
That’s what this entry was about. It’s too great to keep to myself.
I hope you enjoy it.
7-3-2017
Hey look! It’s my Half Birthday.
So far, I’ve persevered every time against anxiety. Why does it still trouble me? Why am I still so afraid?
May we remain joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer, always.
Anything worth doing is not a one-step journey.
Stay mindful of your goal.
Things to ask yourself:
Is deviating from your goal worth it?
Will you regret deviating tomorrow? Will you regret it in 5 minutes?
Is the deviation a new experience? Then consider the deviation. New, non-mundane experiences are worth it for the story.
Is it a special occasion? Sometimes the health…

Stairs 2017

In the beginning of 2016, I had the crazy idea to get into shape.  So, since I didn't have any free time nor a place to spend the nonexistent time... I decided walking the stairs was a great idea. Coworkers were doing it, it'll be fun. We'll get to walk and talk, and bond. Maybe I could even make a friend or two! Until I realized I could climb 3 floors without wanting to fall over and pant for air. I was that out of shape.  I was so embarrassed. An Army Veteran, couldn't even scale 3 floors without needing a rest. 
In this post last year I get more into detail about the experience and how I overcame it. I want to say it was quick and easy but it took a lot of work.  But... the work was worth it because now I can do crazy cool things in the same stair well. 
I want to share one with you.