Taco Tuesday Keto Style


via Instagram

I decided to link up Instagram with Blogger for a while. We'll see how this works.

I get a lot of questions about what I eat.
I take a lot of pictures of what I eat.
Maybe I can recipe it out for interested parties.

Taco Tuesday Keto Style

Taco Tuesday has been a staple in our family for years.
But how do you make a taco meal without beans, rice, and tortillas?
It's actually pretty easy.

Lettuce wraps

I recommend romaine lettuce. Make sure you wash it first.
Green leaf and red leaf also work to a lesser extent. They just don't hold the way romain or even iceberg do.

Butter

It also helps to add copious amounts of butter (or other fat) in the cooking process if you're keto.
Butter enhances the flavor and ups satiety.
When you add butter, you're full after 1 or 2 delicious keto tacos and not hungering for pesky rice and bean carbage.

Queso Frecso

It also helps to add cheese. Pictured in this shot is fried queso frecso.

After frying up the ground beef, I reserved it in a container. I then added cubed chunks of queso fresco to the same pan with the leftover fat still in it.

It was awesome!

I can't even describe the flavor in words it was so good!

Creama

I never like sour cream growing up. I like sour everything else, but sour cream, not a fan.
But it's starting to grow on me. I know it has macros which benefit my goals. And there's many other Creams out there, similar to Sour Cream but without the sour. Which I'm grateful for.

Guacamole

I went the east route on this batch. Mashed avocado blended with salsa, the same salsa the guacamole is next to in the picture.
Add onion powder, garlic powder, peppers to taste with this.
The thing is, everything is so flavorful, you don't need to hit it out of the park.

Good enough is great in this case,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff