A Day in the Life

Some you know along side low carb / keto, I also started dabbling in fasting. It's not something I recommend without doing due diligence.

Last night I stopped eating by 8 PM (for Game of Thrones). I finished a beer during it but it was a Michelb Ultra (does that even count?)

This morning I had a large cup of coffee with a single tablespoon of cocnut oil.

I've been refilling a 20 oz blender bottle a little more often than once an hour. With each fill, I add a pinch of lite-salt, a sodium potasium blend for electrolytes. In the past I also added stevia blend (or mio) for flavor.

Since 8 PM, I've had 120 Calories, I did a great workout for lunch. I'm kicking but at work with my project.

I have had a few discomforts in the stomach which in the past I'd mistake for hunger.

Later my stomach growled a few times. After about 15 minutes, it too passed.

I'm not down any weight from morning to lunch by a significant amount.

I'm hydrated. My workout was good. I'm in a good mood.

2:23 My stomach is expecting food.

In the past, I had 2 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp ghee. Maybe I didn't have enough to start with.

2:54 Decided to make a Rooibos / Chai tea with ghee and coconut oil. I didn't need it. But, I recommend to others to consume fat to satiety.  I figure best practice to follow that advice until I have mastered it. At least,  before continuing on to something less practical to share with others.

Tried 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp ghee. tasted watered down. I edded up adding another tbsp of each for tase. The I used my milk frother/whipper to emulsify it with 2 pinches salt and 2 squirts stevia blend.

It was divine!

Going to up my oil/ghee content on my morning coffee to see if I can get similar taste in morning tomorrow

4:22 doing great. Finalizing day at work. Not hungry.

5:30 Anne Marie asked me to make dinner tonight. Foodie mode engaged. Good bye fasting mode.

Dinner started with a green leaf salad with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and goat cheese topped with a low carb tomato basil dressing.



The main course was a Mississippi roast pulled pork bell pepper boat shelled in sharp cheddar.




Yep, it was even more delicious than it sounds.

PS. here's my keto score. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff