Opposing Strategies

Last night, I went to bed with a plan to wake up and seize the day. This morning, I woke up with another. It was to hit snooze as many times as I could. Guess which one won?

Yup..

Why did the new plan win? Last night, I was confident I'd be up by 5:30. I'd drink 2 glasses of water, stretch and meditate, and read for 30 minutes.

Fast forward to morning...

What a horrible idea!

Who would ever decide such a dumb idea when you can snooze 30 minutes more?!

Sound familiar?

It's a daily routine. Now, some days my nightly strategy prevails but lately, the morning strategy takes the day.

I know the better choice yet I pick the more convenient.

I need to start stacking the conditions in my favor again.

More specifically, I need to move my alarm away from my bed so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. Then, while standing and out of bed, I have to decide whether to return to bed or to continue to stay awake. I have found when I'm already up, I tend to stay up and I tend to be more productive with the day.

I Highly recommended for anyone who struggles to get up early. Move it close enough for it to wake up up but far enough for it to inconvience you to turn it off. My place is in the bathroom. You'll want to test it on a day you don't have to get up early (because if it's too far away, it might not wake you up).

Try it and tell me how it works for you.

Update

These strategies also work in food nutrition. Here's a video I made about stacking dietary conditions in your favor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff