Can a Talisman Help You Lose Weight?

A while back the topic of talismans and weight loss came up. One friend suggested investing in objects to serve as a reminder of your goals. My knee jerk reaction was: Sure, if those objects are a pair of weights.

But really, could a focus, fetish, or talisman help you reach your weight loss goal? Yes!

And it goes beyond weight loss too. Consider someone's goal is to own a hot new Ferrari. They might buy a hot wheels version of that Ferrari and keep it with them as a constant reminder of that goal.

Your Focus

One tip I did give out was using a note card as your 'focus'. This works great for weight loss. You write down your goal, make it specific, and keep it with you at all times. Whenever you find yourself in a position of compromise, whip that card out and read it.

It will help you step away from that scoop of peanut butter fudge ice cream. I don't know about you, but I found out a while back my body retains ice cream. The other problem is, I could eat ice cream 3 times a day, 365 times a year! That's a dangerous combination!

When I first started my path to better nutrition, that note card helped me keep my goals in order. I recommend everyone have one if they are serious in keeping their goals.

But remember

The power is not within the focus, fetish, talisman, or note card. The power is within you! There are dangers in relying too much on external objects.

Make sure you don't become dependent on it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff