Pants Don't Fit

Several Christmas' ago I received a pair of pants that were too tight for me. Ashamed of my weight, I just hid them in the back of my closet. Every once in a while I would come across them and remember just how overweight I was and just feel a deep sadness before pushing them once again to the back of my closet.

Thankfully I woke up and grabbed control of my life. My autopilot was heading straight into a mountain of sickness and disease.

Remembering the pair of pants in the back of my closet, I moved them front and center so I'd encounter them every time I was in my closet. Each time I saw them, I told myself someday I'd fit in those pants. Some days it was easier than others. More than once I wanted to hide the jeans again and forget about my mission.

But as time went on, it got easier to see the jeans and what was once a negative trigger became a trigger of hope. Still I could not button the pants but now I could at least get them over my thighs. I could see progress!

Then one day,

...the most amazing thing happened. I tried to put them on and the fit. They fit more comfortably than I expected. They weren't even tight! I made it back to my size 15 years ago.

You can too. It's not going to be easy and you might want to quit a little way in but trust the process and see it through. You'll get there and when you do, it's a wonderful feeling. I danced in those pants like a fool for minutes! I deserved that dance. I earned it. You can earn yours too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff