This 10 Ton Bag of Lies May Prevent You From Achieving Your Goals.

While losing weight I found something very peculiar. Not all weight I needed to shed was physical. Stay with me here. I was carrying around a lot of emotional baggage.

  • I still thought negatively about myself.
  • I still considered myself fat.
  • I wasn't confident I could lose the weight.
  • I didn't believe I could I could truly be healthy.

Basically I was balancing a 10 ton bag of lies on my shoulders. The name of that bag was F.E.A.R.

While fear is an emotional response to an actual threat, F.E.A.R is an emotion response to False Evidence Appearing Real.

I think many of us struggle with this. F.E.A.R. is an illusion. there's no real threat of immediate danger. A tiger's not jumping out of the bushes to eat you. F.E.A.R. is just a horrible fairy tale we tell ourselves where we don't live happily ever after.

F.E.A.R. is anxiety. It comes from our own perceived thoughts, not reality. And even though we can't always control our feelings, we can control how we respond to them.

Shout out Richard for helping work through some of mine.

The Stronghold of Anxiety

Let's ask, Do past failures justify a fear of future failures? Only if you are doing the exact same thing. Of course, if you are performing the same actions with the expectations of different results, you may have a more pressing issue.

More than likely you learned thing fro past failures that now stack conditions in your favor and if this is your first try, your anxiety might be purely an imaginary stronghold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff