Armadillo Eggs from Stone Cold Meats in League City, TX

Last weekend I went to Stone Cold Meats in League City.
It is amazing!

They have a great selection of cuts and processed meats items.
The item I decided I could not live without were the Armadillo Eggs.

  • Cream Cheese
  • Jalapenos
  • Bacon
  • Sausage
  • Tony Chachere’s

How could you go wrong with that?!

I bought 8 for all my friends, then I forgot to invite them over. =)

In the end, they were a tad on the salty side.
Next time I go, I’ll ask for them without Tony’s on.
Other than that, they were excellent.

They took about 20 minutes on the grill, turning every 5 minutes.
Perfection.

I definitely recommend checking them out.

Of course, if you can’t I reverse engineered the recipe.
I don’t have the amounts, but if you compare ingrediants and pictures, you might be able to figure it out.

Let me know if you do.

Copycat Armadillo Eggs

Inspired from the Armadillo Eggs at Stone Cold Meats in League City, Texas

Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

Ingredients

  • Bacon
  • Ground Sausage
  • Jalapenos, Chopped
  • Cream Cheese
  • Tony Chachere’s Seasoning

Directions

  1. Make a bowl out of ground sausage
  2. Place jalapenos and cream cheese in bowl
  3. Fold sausage over, enclosing jalapenos and cream cheese
  4. Roll sausage into a sphere
  5. Wrap sausage with bacon
  6. Sprinkle with seasoning
  7. Grill 20 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff