My Weekend at Camp K



You'd think all 3 my kids were in cub scouts but it's just the middle. We roll in as a team though. Stay in the mix. Get the fullest out of the events

Emily is a huge help and John isn't much of a bother so the den doesn't mind. Thank God.

Anyway, we had the opportunity to go camping with the cub scouts at Camp K about an hour or so away from the house.

The thing is, we didn't have a tent... Or sleeping bags... We didn't have much of anything. Besides people.

So, I reached out and asked the community if we could loan some gear. My circle responded with more generosity than I ever expected! Family blessed us with a new tent, sleeping bags, and camp lights. We had everything we needed to go camping!

Camping


I decided our inaugural trip, only Colin and I should go. Too many variable with multiple first time campers.

Also, the weather forecasted to be stormy Friday night. I took a 1/2 off so we could beat the weather.

We ended up being the first to camp. Which was great cause we had no clue where to go. After bumbling around a bit, we found our location and pitched the tent.






We also explored the campsite a bit. It was big, but there was only one thing which captivated Colin's interest, the fort.

He pretty much lived in the fort with his cub scouts that weekend, but lucky for me, it was just us 2.






After a bit, we found a tree to climb on. It amazed me how easy it was to ascend the tree. I've never done such a thing before, even as a child. I was even able to ascend higher than the other kids. I'm sure my arm span helped, but without the strength, I couldn't have defied the gravity to do so. It was amazing.






About 2 hours after our arrival, the next group showed. 2 hours later, the rest of the campgrounds started to populate. By night, various packs from around the community packed the campsite.






It turned out, there even was a large Boy Scout event that same weekend.






On Saturday, we hiked out to visit them. It was so cool seeing what was in store for our future scouts. We were even given the opportunity to play real-life angry birds with boxes!






After an awesome adventure, we headed back to make deserts in Dutch ovens. Our den even won the pack's taste test competition. There were also a ton of marshmallows to roast on the fire. We had a great time.






Excited for our next trip.

I have a feeling we’ll be doing a lot more camping in the future.

Do you have any interest camp stories? I’d love to hear them. Maybe they’ll give me some great ideas to take the kids on.

I appreciate any info.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response to FitToFatToFit Episode 4 with Alex and Geoff